Saturday 5 January 2013

Expressions: Shopping at a department store

-          Can I help you?
-          No, thanks, I’m just looking
-          Yes, please, I’m looking for a white sweater.
-          Yes, please. Have you got / Are there      any black ties?
-          Do you have any more?
-          I’ll go and check.
-          I’m sorry, we’ve run out of black ties.
-          We can order one for you/ Shall I order one for you?
-          It’ll come tomorrow.
-          It’ll only take a few minutes.
-          What size are you?
-          Can I try it on/them on?
-          Would you like to try it on? / them on?
-          Excuse me, where are the fitting rooms/changing rooms?
-          Did it fit you?
-          Here you are (the sweater/ your change)
-          How much is it/ are they?
-          How much is it altogether?
-          How would you like to pay?
-          Can I pay by credit card/visa)?
-          I’d like to pay in cash.
-          Sorry, you’ve made a mistake in the change/ you gave me the wrong change.
-          Would you like to exchange it?
-          Could I have a refund?
-          I’d like to make a complaint.